Four men arrested on suspicion of kidnap after ‘tactical contact’ stop by police in Stonebridge
- Credit: Archant
Four men have been arrested on suspicious of kidnap and firearm possession after being stopped in Stonebridge.
Police used “tactical contact” to stop a car in Hilltop Avenue on Tuesday (August 25) at 3.03pm as part of a planned operation.
Officers fired a gun into the tyres of the car, Scotland Yard said.
Four men were arrested on suspicion of firearms offences and kidnap.
Three of the men were treated by London Ambulance Service paramedics before being taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
A Met spokesman said: “No reports of any injuries to officers or members of the public.
“The operation is not terror-related.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application