Police find three motorbikes in hunt for Brent Cross ‘smash and grab’ robbers
Vehicles found dumped in golf course near Hendon following heist at Fraser Hart jewellers
Police hunting for a gang of ‘smash and gang’ motorbike robbers who struck in Brent Cross Shopping Centre this morning have recovered three bikes.
Four men armed with pickaxes and bats drove into the centre, through the entrance at New Look and John Lewis, before smashing their way into Fraser Hart at 10.15am.
They sped off with thousands of pounds worth of watches and jewellery following the heist which took less than five minutes.
Detectives investigating the robbery found three motorbikes dumped in a golf course in the Hendon area.
According to a witness the gang dropped some of their haul during their escape.
Shopper @damomullen, who was the Apple store when the robbers struck, tweeted “they drove out of there so fast I doubt anyone had anytime to catch them, apparently they dropped some of the stuff.”
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
He added: “the speed they were doing in the shopping centre was insane, happened fairly quickly.”
Another witness who asked not to be named told the Times: “They came in on motorbikes and had pick axes and bats, it was terrifying.”
An elderly man was treated for shock after witnessing the robbery.
Did you witness the robbery? If so call the news desk on 020 7433 6228, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us @bktimes.