Police arrested eight people in Brent in Notting Hill Carnival crackdown
- Credit: Archant
Officers made eight arrests in Brent as part of a London-wide operation to stop suspects from carrying out criminal acts at Notting Hill Carnival.
Police raided nine addresses in borough during the crackdown last week which saw the seizure of guns, drugs and cash from addresses across the city.
Brent had one of the highest number of arrests in London.
A mach 10 machine gun, a sten gun machine gun, a handgun and a BB gun were seized at different address across the city and in Southwark, officers recovered ingredients for making Crystal Meth and half a kilo of crack cocaine at another property.
A further kilo of suspected cocaine was recovered from an address in Bexley, and 40 suspected rocks of crack cocaine in one property in Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
in addition, approximately £78,000 has also been confiscated under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Sudbury estate residents slam council's parking plans