Police arrested eight people in Brent in Notting Hill Carnival crackdown
- Credit: Archant
Officers made eight arrests in Brent as part of a London-wide operation to stop suspects from carrying out criminal acts at Notting Hill Carnival.
Police raided nine addresses in borough during the crackdown last week which saw the seizure of guns, drugs and cash from addresses across the city.
Brent had one of the highest number of arrests in London.
A mach 10 machine gun, a sten gun machine gun, a handgun and a BB gun were seized at different address across the city and in Southwark, officers recovered ingredients for making Crystal Meth and half a kilo of crack cocaine at another property.
A further kilo of suspected cocaine was recovered from an address in Bexley, and 40 suspected rocks of crack cocaine in one property in Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
in addition, approximately £78,000 has also been confiscated under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants