Police arrested eight people in Brent in Notting Hill Carnival crackdown
- Credit: Archant
Officers made eight arrests in Brent as part of a London-wide operation to stop suspects from carrying out criminal acts at Notting Hill Carnival.
Police raided nine addresses in borough during the crackdown last week which saw the seizure of guns, drugs and cash from addresses across the city.
Brent had one of the highest number of arrests in London.
A mach 10 machine gun, a sten gun machine gun, a handgun and a BB gun were seized at different address across the city and in Southwark, officers recovered ingredients for making Crystal Meth and half a kilo of crack cocaine at another property.
A further kilo of suspected cocaine was recovered from an address in Bexley, and 40 suspected rocks of crack cocaine in one property in Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
in addition, approximately £78,000 has also been confiscated under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods