Four arrested in Wembley Park as Euro 2020 festivities ignite
- Credit: PA
Police made four arrests in Wembley in relation to the football match that ignited the whole country.
A total of five people were arrested in total across London as England beat Germany in the Euro 2020 knockout game at Wembley Stadium on Tuesday (June 29).
In Wembley Park a 21-year old man was arrested for racially aggravated common assault against a steward, Scotland Yard said.
He was further arrested for breaching a banning order.
Two men were arrested for fraud by false representation and a 31-year-old man was arrested for common assault.
In central London a man, also 31, was arrested for drunk and disorderly behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
All were taken into custody at police stations in north London.
Some 45,000 fans descended on Wembley Park to watch England defeat Germany.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 7 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
Brent's Raheem Sterling scored the first goal after half time with Harry Kane scoring the second.