Police appealing for help to identify man involved in unprovoked attack in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Police have released a CCTV image of a man they want to speak to in connection with an incident at Wembley stadium in April.
They want to question the man (pictured) in relation to an unprovoked attack on a man at the FA cup semi final between Chelsea and Tottenham, which happened on April 22 at around 7.30pm outside the Moore Spice Indian restaurant on Engineers Way.
The victim - 23-year-old Tottenham fan Michael Voller - is believed to have been assaulted when other Tottenham supporters mistook him for a Chelsea fan.
Michael, who is a former Tottenham Hotspur Football Club groundsman, was admitted to hospital with serious facial injuries and continues to undergo a schedule of surgery and treatment in relation to a broken eye socket, cheek bone, jaw and fractured skull.
Officers have now released an image of a man they wish to identify in the hope that either the public, or Tottenham fans, will be able to name him.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is a white man in his early 20s, approximately 5ft 10ins tall. At the time of the attack he was wearing a black hooded top or jacket.
Anyone who has information that could assist police in identifying the suspect should call Brent CID on 0208 733 3737 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 4 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 5 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 6 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Health chief praises staff 'flying' across Brent and Camden to vaccinate housebound residents
- 9 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury