Police appeal after woman randomly attacked at Willesden Junction station
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a random attack on a woman at Willesden Junction station have released CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to.
The 23-year-old victim from Brent, was waiting for a train on platform five when her attacker punched her around the head causing her sunglasses to break.
PC Roy Ward, investigating officer, said: “The man then calmly walked away from the woman towards platform four and onto a train.
“Luckily the victim was not left with any visible injuries, but this was a shocking and unprovoked assault.
“We do not tolerate violence like this anywhere on the rail network and I’d urge anyone who recognises the man pictured, or who may have witnessed what took place, to come forward and assist officers in this investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the attack which took place on August 13, at around 1.45pm should call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 quoting background reference B5/LNA of 13/09/2013.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 7 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 8 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 'We need you to stay at home' - Northwick Park Hospital