Police appeal after man robbed outside Park Royal bank
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed in broad daylight in Park Royal.
The victim, a man in his 50’s was about to enter the NatWest Bank in busy Abbey Road carrying a banking bag when he was attacked at 12.15pm on December 21.
A struggle ensued after which the suspect grabbed the bag and fled the scene, followed by the victim.
He followed the robber and believes that he saw the suspect hand over the bag to a black man in a blue van who drove off down Abbey Road when the victim tried to confront him.
The bag snatcher is described as a white man, about 5ft 9ins tall and had an eastern European accent. He was wearing an orange t-shirt.
The victim was unable to give a detailed description of the van driver other than he was a black man.
PC Natasha Bennett, the investigating officer from Brent CID, said: “This incident has left the victim very distressed and we are determined to catch those responsible and put them before the courts.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?
“Abbey Road is a busy area and there would have been a number of people around on the afternoon of 21 December. We would urge anyone with any information, or any witnesses to contact police.”
Anyone with information or any witnesses can call Brent CID on 0208 7333 244 or via 101 and @MetCC.
Information can also be reported anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.