Police appeal after Kensal Green model racially abused at Regent’s Park Tube station
- Credit: Archant
Police have released images of a man they would like to speak to after a model from Kensal Green was racially abused at a Tube station.
Mahaneela Choudhury-Reid was subjected to the unprovoked tirade by a smartly-dressed commuter at Regent’s Park station.
The 21-year-old was targeted on Wednesday at around 10.30am as she left the station via a lift.
She took to social networking site Twitter about her ordeal tweeting that after the man kicked and pushed her he called her a f****** n***** before walking away.
Ms Choudhury-Reid also claimed commuters who witnessed the abuse did nothing.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “People need to stand up to any kind of violent/racist acts that they see- and stamp out this kind of discrimination. Don’t just think someone else will handle the situation.”
Anyone with information can call British Transport Police on 0800 405040, send a text to 61016, quoting B11/TSUB or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111..
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'