Police appeal after Kensal Green model racially abused at Regent’s Park Tube station
- Credit: Archant
Police have released images of a man they would like to speak to after a model from Kensal Green was racially abused at a Tube station.
Mahaneela Choudhury-Reid was subjected to the unprovoked tirade by a smartly-dressed commuter at Regent’s Park station.
The 21-year-old was targeted on Wednesday at around 10.30am as she left the station via a lift.
She took to social networking site Twitter about her ordeal tweeting that after the man kicked and pushed her he called her a f****** n***** before walking away.
Ms Choudhury-Reid also claimed commuters who witnessed the abuse did nothing.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “People need to stand up to any kind of violent/racist acts that they see- and stamp out this kind of discrimination. Don’t just think someone else will handle the situation.”
Anyone with information can call British Transport Police on 0800 405040, send a text to 61016, quoting B11/TSUB or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111..
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 4 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Travellers eviction from Dollis Hill road highlights needs for sites
- 8 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Labour wins Brondesbury Park in tightly contested by-election