Pickpocket trio who struck in Brent are banned from using public transport for five years
Under the terms of Asbo they face arrest if they are caught on a bus, train or tram within the M25
A trio of female pickpockets who targeted an elderly lady on a bus in Brent have been banned from using public transport within the M25 for five years.
Sonya Dimitrova, 43, Gina Goranova, 29, and Gergina Stancheva, 31, have been slapped with the Asbo order after they were caught stealing from a 78-year-old woman on the 204 bus.
Last month, all three were sentenced to six months in jail after they were caught as part of Project Spiderweb, a joint-initiative by the Met’s safer transport command (STC) and Transport for London.
The project aims to drive out thefts on the transport system in the run-up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
Commander Adrian Hanstock from STC said: “This is a significant decision by the court which sends a clear signal to prolific pickpockets who target vulnerable travellers; you will spend time in jail and receive a severely restrictive ASBO on release if you offend in London.
“As part of our total policing approach, we will use all available tactics to identify and catch those who commit crime on the transport network and the success in this case reinforces the message that we will identify you and arrest you.”
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
Anyone who sees Dimitrova, Goranova, or Stancheva breaching the conditions of his ASBO is asked to call police on 101.
In an emergency dial 999.