Pickpocket trio who struck in Brent are banned from using public transport for five years
Under the terms of Asbo they face arrest if they are caught on a bus, train or tram within the M25
A trio of female pickpockets who targeted an elderly lady on a bus in Brent have been banned from using public transport within the M25 for five years.
Sonya Dimitrova, 43, Gina Goranova, 29, and Gergina Stancheva, 31, have been slapped with the Asbo order after they were caught stealing from a 78-year-old woman on the 204 bus.
Last month, all three were sentenced to six months in jail after they were caught as part of Project Spiderweb, a joint-initiative by the Met’s safer transport command (STC) and Transport for London.
The project aims to drive out thefts on the transport system in the run-up to the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
Commander Adrian Hanstock from STC said: “This is a significant decision by the court which sends a clear signal to prolific pickpockets who target vulnerable travellers; you will spend time in jail and receive a severely restrictive ASBO on release if you offend in London.
“As part of our total policing approach, we will use all available tactics to identify and catch those who commit crime on the transport network and the success in this case reinforces the message that we will identify you and arrest you.”
- 1 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 4 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 8 MP Dawn Butler: Support available to get through lockdown
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Dozens 'found breaching Covid restrictions' at shisha cafe
Anyone who sees Dimitrova, Goranova, or Stancheva breaching the conditions of his ASBO is asked to call police on 101.
In an emergency dial 999.