Pervert jailed for sex attack on night bus in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A pervert who sexually assaulted two women as they slept on separate night buses in Brent and Harrow has been jailed for 18 months.
Mohammed Dakwar, 24, attacked his first victim as she travelled home on February 2 this year at around 2am.
The 29-year-old woke up to find Dakwar with his arm around her while groping and trying to kiss her.
He fled after she sought help from the bus driver and is suspected of stealing her Iphone.
Dakwar struck a second time on March 23 when a 34-year-old woman in Brent woke to find him touching her intimately.
You may also want to watch:
He tried to French kiss her before fleeing.
Officers arrested him after he was identified on CCTV.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
Dakwar, of no fixed address, admitted sexual assault and was jailed at Harrow Crown Court.
Superintendent Rob Revill, Safer Transport Command, said: “We are committed to tackling unwanted sexual behaviour on London’s buses and our investigations have brought these offenders to justice - both receiving significant sentences that reflect the severity of their crimes.”
Dakwar will be required to sign on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years.