Pervert jailed for sex attack on night bus in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A pervert who sexually assaulted two women as they slept on separate night buses in Brent and Harrow has been jailed for 18 months.
Mohammed Dakwar, 24, attacked his first victim as she travelled home on February 2 this year at around 2am.
The 29-year-old woke up to find Dakwar with his arm around her while groping and trying to kiss her.
He fled after she sought help from the bus driver and is suspected of stealing her Iphone.
Dakwar struck a second time on March 23 when a 34-year-old woman in Brent woke to find him touching her intimately.
He tried to French kiss her before fleeing.
Officers arrested him after he was identified on CCTV.
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 4 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 5 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 6 Warburton: Stalemate shows why QPR need strengthening
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 8 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 9 Stonebridge community group to keep fighting after losing Bridge Park appeal
- 10 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
Dakwar, of no fixed address, admitted sexual assault and was jailed at Harrow Crown Court.
Superintendent Rob Revill, Safer Transport Command, said: “We are committed to tackling unwanted sexual behaviour on London’s buses and our investigations have brought these offenders to justice - both receiving significant sentences that reflect the severity of their crimes.”
Dakwar will be required to sign on the Sex Offenders Register for 10 years.