Pervert, 46, admits sexual assault on girl, 13, in Willesden Green
- Credit: Archant
A 46-year-old man who sexually assaulted a schoolgirl as she travelled on a bus in Willesden Green has walked free from court.
Kamran Amperipour, from Kensington, admitted attacking the 13-year-old in March last year after he was traced through the bus’ CCTV cameras.
He was convicted of sexual assault and sentenced to 18 weeks in jail which was suspended for 18 months.
He was also given a supervision order for 12 months and placed on the sex offender’ register for seven years at Snaresbrook Crown Court last week.
Chief Superintendent Matt Bell, from the Met’s roads and transport policing command, said: “We take all reports of sexual offences on buses seriously and are committed to bringing offenders to justice.
“If someone has made you feel uncomfortable on your bus journey, however minor it may seem to you, reporting it to police can help us target the perpetrator and prevent it from happening to another passenger.”
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 3 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Drunk Euro 2020 football fan 'saved from Wembley fall by Brent Council employee'
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 10 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities