Pensioner killed in collision with van in Wembley
Van driver arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving
An elderly woman has died following a collision with a van in Wembley.
The Air Ambulance, police and London Ambulance crews were called to the scene yesterday at around 12.55pm to reports of a collision between a white van and a pedestrian at the junction of Northchurch Road and Tokyngton Avenue.
When the emergency services arrived, the 79-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed but formal identification has not yet taken place.
The 48-year-old driver of the van was arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the road remains closed at this time.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 New Wealdstone signing McAvoy helps earn a draw at Weymouth