Pensioner killed in collision with van in Wembley
Van driver arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving
An elderly woman has died following a collision with a van in Wembley.
The Air Ambulance, police and London Ambulance crews were called to the scene yesterday at around 12.55pm to reports of a collision between a white van and a pedestrian at the junction of Northchurch Road and Tokyngton Avenue.
When the emergency services arrived, the 79-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed but formal identification has not yet taken place.
The 48-year-old driver of the van was arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the road remains closed at this time.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley