Pensioner killed in collision with van in Wembley
Van driver arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving
An elderly woman has died following a collision with a van in Wembley.
The Air Ambulance, police and London Ambulance crews were called to the scene yesterday at around 12.55pm to reports of a collision between a white van and a pedestrian at the junction of Northchurch Road and Tokyngton Avenue.
When the emergency services arrived, the 79-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed but formal identification has not yet taken place.
The 48-year-old driver of the van was arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the road remains closed at this time.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens