Pensioner killed in collision with van in Wembley
Van driver arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving
An elderly woman has died following a collision with a van in Wembley.
The Air Ambulance, police and London Ambulance crews were called to the scene yesterday at around 12.55pm to reports of a collision between a white van and a pedestrian at the junction of Northchurch Road and Tokyngton Avenue.
When the emergency services arrived, the 79-year-old woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Next of kin have been informed but formal identification has not yet taken place.
The 48-year-old driver of the van was arrested on suspicion of death by dangerous driving and remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police said the road remains closed at this time.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 8 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 9 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way