Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- Credit: Met Police
A female pedestrian has died following a collision with a car in Kenton.
Police were called to Woodcock Hill at 5.40pm on Tuesday (January 19) to reports of a car in collision with a pedestrian.
A woman, believed to be in her 60s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A man is in custody having been arrested on suspicion of drink driving, dangerous driving and driving with no insurance.
@MPS Harrow said on Twitter: "Officers are at the scene of a fatal collision in Woodcock Hill #Kenton.
You may also want to watch:
"Police called around 17:40hrs to reports of car in collision with pedestrian.
"A woman, believed to be aged in her 60s, was pronounced dead at the scene."
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 3 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
"The driver of the vehicle has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving, dangerous driving and driving with no insurance. He is in custody.
"A crime scene remains in place."
Witnesses are asked to call 101 ref CAD 5308/19 Jan.
Enquiries are ongoing.