VIDEO: Money launderers seized in Park Royal Asda car park
- Credit: Archant
A Park Royal woman has been jailed for six years and three months for her part in laundering more than £1.8million in criminal cash into London high street banks.
Fen Chen, 32, from Bodiam Court, in Park Royal, and her friend, Ying Lin, 27, as well as two associates took bundles of bank notes into dozens of branches between July 30 and August 15.
CCTV footage catches National Crime Agency officers seizing Chen in a dramatic arrest in the car park of Park Royal’s Asda supermarket in August.
Her arrest came after she was seen accepting a bag containing more than £300,000 from Albanian Fation Koka.
Another £180,000 was discovered in bags and hiding places at Fen’s flat, along with bank slips detailing hundreds of deposits worth £1.8m. Detectives also found a cash counting machine.
You may also want to watch:
Officers found texts on both Chen and Koka’s phones that showed another cash handover happened in the same car park on July 31.
At the time, Chen was out of the country so sent representatives to collect the money.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
Investigators obtained CCTV bank footage showing Chen, Lin and others depositing the cash in small amounts to avoid suspicion.
On November 21 at Kingston Crown Court, Chen was jailed for six years and three months.
NCA operations manager Kevin Gee said: “Fen Chen was a prolific money launderer, able to process millions of pounds in cash in a very short period of time.”
“Organised crime groups rely on money launderers like Chen, who play an integral part in allowing them to benefit from and re-invest their criminal profits.”
Koka was jailed for 21 months, and will be deported after the completion of his sentence.
Lin admitted a single charge of money laundering and was deported after being sentenced to 14 months in prison.