Pair injured in Sabrina Moss murder allegedly South Kilburn gang members
- Credit: Archant
Two men injured in the shooting that killed a nursery teacher as she celebrated her birthday in Kilburn were members of a gang involved in a ‘significant conflict’, a court heard.
Mother-of-one Sabrina Moss, from Neasden, died after suffering fatal bullet wounds to the chest outside Woody’s Grill, in Kilburn High Road, as she commemorated her 24th birthday in the early hours of August 24 last year.
Her friend, Sabrina Gachette, 24, was also injured in the attack along with Mahad Ahmed, 23, and Edson Da Silva, 27, who were associated with the South Kilburn Gang (SKG) also known as Family About Cash (FAC) or the Money Making Family (MMF), jurors were told.
The group, which is thought to have around 70 members, is said to be involved in a feud with the rival Kensal Green Boys (KGB).
Both were at the scene when two men opened fire with a sawn-off shotgun and a MAC-10 submachine gun.
You may also want to watch:
The prosecution, speaking at The Old Bailey, claimed the shooting was carried out by Martell Warren, 22, Hassan Hussain, 29, and Yassin James, 19, “to send a message to those in their world that they were not to be trifled with.”
Det Supt Simon Rose, second in command in the London Borough of Brent, told the court that KGB were “quite well established” in the Kensal Green and Kensal Rise area and had around 30 members.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
He added that they were known to have a conflict with the SKG based on the South Kilburn Estate.
He said: “There is and was a significant conflict. Shootings, stabbings, attacks.
“Sometimes it will be quiet, then there will be a spate of counter attacks during a short period of time.”
Jurors heard that seven men associated with the SKG were identified from CCTV of the area in the run-up to the shooting.
Miss Moss had a four-year-old son and worked at Alice’s Wonderland nursery in Stonebridge.
Martell Warren, 22, of Napier Road, Kensal Green, Hassan Hussain, 29, Cranhurst Road, Willesden Green, and Yassin James, 19, Chaplain Road, Wembley, deny murder, three counts of attempted murder, two counts of possessing a firearm with intent to endanger life and two counts of conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.
A fourth man, Simon Baptiste, 29, denies conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.
The trial continues.