Paddington bodybuilder accused of killing gardener in hit-and-run Bentley crash in Notting Hill
- Credit: © Facebook
A Romanian bodybuilder from Paddington has appeared in court accused of mowing down and killing a young gardener in a £120,000 Bentley.
George Claudiu Albu, 31, of Porchester Road, allegedly fled the scene after hitting 23-year-old Christopher Jones in Notting Hill on Thursday night.
Mr Jones, who worked for the landscaping firm Quadron, was directing traffic around his broken down truck at the time of the collision in Pembridge Villas, Hammersmith Magistrates Court heard yesterday.
It is claimed police had spoken to Mr Jones earlier that night and were satisfied that he was wearing a high-visibility jacket and was standing in a well-lit area.
The Bentley Continental collided with Mr Jones and his vehicle at 11.50pm and he was pronounced dead at the scene at around one 1am.
You may also want to watch:
Albu appeared in court charged with death by dangerous driving, driving without insurance, and failing to stop at the scene of a collision.
He spoke only to confirm his name, age, and address and was remanded in custody until a preliminary hearing at Southwark Crown Court on August 25 .
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 QPR boss Warburton not worried about Dykes' injury
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named