Owner of stolen camera recovered in Queen’s Park police raid is traced
Cllr Barrie Taylor’s home was targeted by burglars in February
A burglary victim whose stolen camera was recovered by police has been traced following an online appeal by the Times.
Cllr Barrie Taylor came forward after he was alerted to several photographs featuring himself, family and friends which were published on the Times’ website on Friday.
The Labour councillor for Queen’s Park in Westminster, was targeted by burglars in February this year.
The crooks made off with thousands of pounds worth of valuables including three digital cameras and three computers.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Taylor, who lives in Queen’s Park, told the Times he was delighted that his camera had been found
He said: “I recognised myself straight away as it was taken with my family at the Thames Festival last year.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
“One is of a friend in France and the other is my son in the living room.
“I am delighted as I thought I had lost those photographs for ever.”
The camera was one of several items seized when officers raided One Nation Food and Wine in Kilburn Lane, Queen’s Park, in February.
Jawad Hussain, 25, of Craven Park Road, Harlesden, admitted handling stolen goods and was sentenced to a 12 month community order with 150 hours unpaid work and �1200 costs.
He was sentenced at Harrow Crown Court last week.