Oliver Tetlow murdered in Harlesden ‘in revenge for Neasden rapper being robbed off his jewellery’
- Credit: Archant
A Neasden rapper arranged a machine gun murder to avenge his wounded pride after a Harlesden gang paraded his stolen bling jewellery in a YouTube video, a court heard.
Musician and DJ David Osadebay, 30, who is known as Cbiz, showed off his gold chains, heavy rings and up to five watches in music videos uploaded online.
But he was allegedly robbed of some of his flashy jewellery during a night out in Mayfair.
When a video appeared mocking him on YouTube the next day, Osadebay was bent on revenge against the Church Road Soldiers gang, it is claimed.
But Oliver Tetlow, 27, was killed in a case of mistaken identity in Church Road, Harlesden, on March 9 this year.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Kark QC, prosecuting, said: “Mr Osedeaby, a well known rapper, had to avenge the front to his pride.
“Unfortunately, Mr Oliver Tetlow bore a resemblance to one of those shown clip.”
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
Prosecutors do not know who pulled the trigger, but say each played a part in the killing.
The court heard Osedebay’s musical identity revolved around money and showing off expensive jewellery.
Jurors were shown a video clip of him wearing ‘a huge amount of gold around his neck’, four to five watches and heavy rings.
The court heard that Osedebay was robbed after a night out on and the next day a video was posted on YouTube by some members of the Church Road Soldiers gang.
The video, shown in court, featured rapper Courtney Freckleton, known as Nines, and Carlos Abreu.
Mr Tetlow was shot dead later that day.
Osadebay is standing trial at the Old Bailey for his murder along with Jahmico Trott, from Manchester, 29, Romane Young, 22, from London, and Mohamed Siamino, 20, from Acton.
All deny murder.
The trial continues.