Nightclub sex attacker from Kingsbury will be sentenced today
A man from Kingsbury will be sentenced today for a sex attack on a teenager foreign student in a popular West End nightclub.
Yathukulan Paskarmoorthy, 33, of Berkley Road, grabbed the 19-year-old victim before throwing her to the floor and sexually assaulting her inside Tiger Tiger in Haymarket on September 17 this year.
Southwark Crown Court heard Paskarmoorthy, who had been sitting at a table in the club, followed the victim as she left the venue at around 1.30am.
She mistakenly using the fire exit to leave and ended up in the basement of the neighbouring communal building where he launched his attack.
He fled after victim, who had been in the UK for four days, fought back and told him: “There is a camera, don’t do this, don’t do this to me, you’ll get caught.”
You may also want to watch:
CCTV footage in the club had captured him following his victim and leaving the venue and he was traced through the scanned ID documents the club obtains from all customers.
Last month he admitted one count of sexual assault by penetration.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
His victim is now wary about going out with her university friends.
In a victim impact statement she said: “I hate that it happened, but I fought the guy off and I was glad I did because I do not want him to do worse to someone else. I’m very apprehensive about going out with university friends now, and I do not.”