Nightclub sex attacker from Kingsbury will be sentenced today
A man from Kingsbury will be sentenced today for a sex attack on a teenager foreign student in a popular West End nightclub.
Yathukulan Paskarmoorthy, 33, of Berkley Road, grabbed the 19-year-old victim before throwing her to the floor and sexually assaulting her inside Tiger Tiger in Haymarket on September 17 this year.
Southwark Crown Court heard Paskarmoorthy, who had been sitting at a table in the club, followed the victim as she left the venue at around 1.30am.
She mistakenly using the fire exit to leave and ended up in the basement of the neighbouring communal building where he launched his attack.
He fled after victim, who had been in the UK for four days, fought back and told him: “There is a camera, don’t do this, don’t do this to me, you’ll get caught.”
CCTV footage in the club had captured him following his victim and leaving the venue and he was traced through the scanned ID documents the club obtains from all customers.
Last month he admitted one count of sexual assault by penetration.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 5 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
His victim is now wary about going out with her university friends.
In a victim impact statement she said: “I hate that it happened, but I fought the guy off and I was glad I did because I do not want him to do worse to someone else. I’m very apprehensive about going out with university friends now, and I do not.”