Nightclub in Wembley shut down after shooting
A Wembley nightclub has been closed down by the police after a woman was shot there in the early hours of this morning.
Crystals, in South Way, will be turning away New Years Eve revellers after Brent Police obtained a 24 hour closure order from Willesden Magistrates’ Court.
The action was taken after a woman was shot in the leg at around 3.30am.
The victim, who is in her late teens, was hit after shots were fired into the partying crowd.
She is in a stable condition with non-life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Two other women were treated for injuries sustained by falling glass.
Detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime, are investigating the incident.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
The suspect, a black man, fled the scene before jumping into a waiting car.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.