Nightclub in Wembley shut down after shooting
A Wembley nightclub has been closed down by the police after a woman was shot there in the early hours of this morning.
Crystals, in South Way, will be turning away New Years Eve revellers after Brent Police obtained a 24 hour closure order from Willesden Magistrates’ Court.
The action was taken after a woman was shot in the leg at around 3.30am.
The victim, who is in her late teens, was hit after shots were fired into the partying crowd.
She is in a stable condition with non-life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Two other women were treated for injuries sustained by falling glass.
Detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime, are investigating the incident.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
The suspect, a black man, fled the scene before jumping into a waiting car.
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.