Night burglar wakes up sleeping residents in Harlesden
Police are appealing for witnesses after the occupants of a house in Harlesden woke up to find a burglar in their home.
The thief fled with a laptop from the address in Fairlight Avenue, but he dropped and damaged it on his way out.
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of burglary and bailed to return in April.
The burglary took place on February 17 at 10pm but the details have been released today to appeal for witnesses to come forward.
DC Martina English, investigating officer, said: “Waking up to find someone in your house is frightening experience.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing to anyone in the area that may have seen the suspect running away from the house or has any information on this burglary.”
Anyone with information should call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 9 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 10 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card