Neasden man jailed after fatally stabbing his flatmate in the neck
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed for stabbing to death his housemate during a drunken fight at their home in Neasden.
Volodymyr Holovatskyi, 24, of Village Way, was sentenced to ten years and nine months on October 8, at Isleworth Crown Court after pleading guilty to the manslaughter of 28-year-old Dmytro Balaban.
Emergency services were called to the multiple occupancy property at around 1.40am on December 14 to reports of an assault.
Dmytro was discovered inside the property with a stab wound to his neck and was declared dead at 2.08am.
Paramedics found Holovatskyi outside in the street covered in blood which was later confirmed to be Dmytro’s.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Colin McKeen said: “This was an extremely tragic incident following a disagreement which was unfortunately fuelled by alcohol. As a result, one young man has very sadly lost his life; and a second will now be spending a considerable time behind bars.”
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids