Neasden man and woman on the run after stun gun find
- Credit: Archant
The hunt is on to find a man and woman from Neasden who are on the run after being found with a stun gun disguised as a mobile phone.
Lleana Mitarel, 51, and Foad Soltan, 32, of Lyndhurst Close, failed to show up for sentencing at Harrow Crown Court after previously admitting a charge of possessing a firearm disguised as another object.
The stun gun was discovered after an officer received an electric shock while searching Mitarel’s bag when the pair were arrested for harassment.
Both were sentenced to five years in jail during their absence.
Trainee DC Graeme Cawsey, investigating officer, is appealing for anyone who knows of their whereabouts to come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He added said: “This conviction shows that the police and the courts will act robustly and enforce the mandatory sentences on those who carry illegal weapons on our streets, whatever their reasons for carrying them.”
Anyone with information should call Brent Police Community Safety Unit on 020 8733 3735 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 6 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 7 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 8 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 9 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 10 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding