Music promoter Mervyn Conn, 82, convicted of historic rape of girl, 15, in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
A music promoter has been found guilty of the historic rape of a 15-year-old girl at a country and western festival at Wembley Arena.
Mervyn Conn, from Wimbeldon, also faces a lengthy jail sentence for the historic rape of a woman.
Yesterday at Kingston Crown Court, the 82-year-old was convicted of two counts of rape on a girl under 16 and one count of rape on woman over 16.
The attacks took place between 1972 and 1985 in Westminster, Wembley and Wimbledon.
Conn, who has worked with The Beatles, Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton, was arrested at Gatwick Airport in July last year after his victims come forward.
You may also want to watch:
He was bailed before being subsequently charged in February this year.
He had denied any wrongdoing and will be sentenced at a date yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
Detective Constable Ashley Lees, who led the investigation, said: “I am very pleased with the outcome of the trial. I’d like to pay tribute to the victims who have had to recount very traumatic details of offences as part of this case and the strength they have shown during the investigation.
“Historical allegations of this nature are treated seriously by the Met and I hope this result encourages others to have the confidence to come forward if they have been victims of historical sexual abuse.”