Murder investigation launched after woman’s body found in Cricklewood house
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a murder investigation after the body of a woman was found in a house in Cricklewood.
Officers and London Ambulance services were called to reports of a deceased woman, in her 40s, at an address in Melrose Avenue at 8.10 am yesterday morning.
Detectives believe they know the identity of the woman and next-of-kin have been informed.
They are awaiting formal identification before releasing the woman’s name.
The murder inquiry will be led by Detective Chief Inspector Matt Bonner on behalf of the homicide and Major Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101, or to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
No arrests have been made and enquiries continue.
- 1 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 5 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 6 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 7 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 8 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 9 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 10 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard