Murder investigation launched after man stabbed in Brent Cross
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have launched a murder investigation following the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old man in Brent Cross.
Officers were called to Heathfield Gardens at around 7.15pm on Friday to reports a number of men were fighting.
Joseph Olopo, from Colindale, was found with a stab wound to his neck not far from Brent Cross Station. He was taken by London Ambulance Service to hospital but was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem was held at Northwick Park Hospital yesterday and the next of kin informed.
Two males were arrested near to the scene on suspicion of affray. A 20-year-old man has been bailed to return, pending further enquiries, on a date in early March.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth has been released with no further action.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Det Ch Insp Andy Chalmers are investigating and are appealing for witnesses and information.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 3 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 4 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 7 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 8 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 9 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or via Twitter @MetCC
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.