Murder investigation launched after man stabbed in Brent Cross
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have launched a murder investigation following the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old man in Brent Cross.
Officers were called to Heathfield Gardens at around 7.15pm on Friday to reports a number of men were fighting.
Joseph Olopo, from Colindale, was found with a stab wound to his neck not far from Brent Cross Station. He was taken by London Ambulance Service to hospital but was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem was held at Northwick Park Hospital yesterday and the next of kin informed.
Two males were arrested near to the scene on suspicion of affray. A 20-year-old man has been bailed to return, pending further enquiries, on a date in early March.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth has been released with no further action.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Det Ch Insp Andy Chalmers are investigating and are appealing for witnesses and information.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 8 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 9 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or via Twitter @MetCC
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.