Murder investigation launched after man stabbed in Brent Cross
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have launched a murder investigation following the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old man in Brent Cross.
Officers were called to Heathfield Gardens at around 7.15pm on Friday to reports a number of men were fighting.
Joseph Olopo, from Colindale, was found with a stab wound to his neck not far from Brent Cross Station. He was taken by London Ambulance Service to hospital but was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem was held at Northwick Park Hospital yesterday and the next of kin informed.
Two males were arrested near to the scene on suspicion of affray. A 20-year-old man has been bailed to return, pending further enquiries, on a date in early March.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth has been released with no further action.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Det Ch Insp Andy Chalmers are investigating and are appealing for witnesses and information.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 6 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or via Twitter @MetCC
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.