Murder investigation launched after man stabbed in Brent Cross
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Police have launched a murder investigation following the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old man in Brent Cross.
Officers were called to Heathfield Gardens at around 7.15pm on Friday to reports a number of men were fighting.
Joseph Olopo, from Colindale, was found with a stab wound to his neck not far from Brent Cross Station. He was taken by London Ambulance Service to hospital but was later pronounced dead.
A post-mortem was held at Northwick Park Hospital yesterday and the next of kin informed.
Two males were arrested near to the scene on suspicion of affray. A 20-year-old man has been bailed to return, pending further enquiries, on a date in early March.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old youth has been released with no further action.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command, led by Det Ch Insp Andy Chalmers are investigating and are appealing for witnesses and information.
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 6 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or via Twitter @MetCC
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org.