Murder investigation launched after man dies following violent altercation in Alperton
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man has died following a “violent altercation” in Alperton.
Officers were called to Alperton Underground Station in Ealing Road at 1am on Tuesday morning where two men had been run over by a car.
A murder investigation has been launched and police are asking any motorist with dashcam footage in get in touch “as a matter of urgency”.
Two men, aged in 27 and 21, were injured after a car was driven at them during the disturbance and both taken to hospital.
The 21-year-old victim was later discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The condition of the older victim was not initially thought to be life-threatening but his health deteriorated and he died in hospital yesterday evening, Scotland Yard said.
His family have been informed.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
Nine men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of affray and taken to different police stations for questioning.
Six have now been further arrested on suspicion of murder. One man was also further arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Detectives from the Met’s murder squad are appealing toanyone who was in the area who has information or any passing motorist with dashcam footage to get in touch as a matter of urgency.