Murder investigation launched after man dies following violent altercation in Alperton
- Credit: Archant
A 27-year-old man has died following a “violent altercation” in Alperton.
Officers were called to Alperton Underground Station in Ealing Road at 1am on Tuesday morning where two men had been run over by a car.
A murder investigation has been launched and police are asking any motorist with dashcam footage in get in touch “as a matter of urgency”.
Two men, aged in 27 and 21, were injured after a car was driven at them during the disturbance and both taken to hospital.
The 21-year-old victim was later discharged.
You may also want to watch:
The condition of the older victim was not initially thought to be life-threatening but his health deteriorated and he died in hospital yesterday evening, Scotland Yard said.
His family have been informed.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
Nine men were arrested at the scene on suspicion of affray and taken to different police stations for questioning.
Six have now been further arrested on suspicion of murder. One man was also further arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
Detectives from the Met’s murder squad are appealing toanyone who was in the area who has information or any passing motorist with dashcam footage to get in touch as a matter of urgency.