Murder investigation after girl shot dead in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A girl in her 20s has been shot dead in Kilburn.
Residents reported hearing a gunshot and then say they saw the girl fall down.
One witness, who recorded a video of police trying to revive the girl at the scene, said: “The girl got shot. All her friends are here crying. They were walking and they heard a gunshot. Don’t know where the shot came from. The girl was just walking and got shot.”
The incident happened at Blake Court, in Malvern Road, at around 9pm on Friday evening.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said officers were called to Malvern Road to reports of a woman shot.
He said: “Police attended and found a woman, believed to be in her 20s suffering from gunshot injuries.”
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.30pm.
- 1 Flats approved for Brondesbury Park
- 2 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 3 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 6 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 7 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 8 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 9 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
Police are working to establish her identity and inform next of kin.
There have been no arrests.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call HMCC via 101 or contact the Met via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.