Murder investigation after girl shot dead in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A girl in her 20s has been shot dead in Kilburn.
Residents reported hearing a gunshot and then say they saw the girl fall down.
One witness, who recorded a video of police trying to revive the girl at the scene, said: “The girl got shot. All her friends are here crying. They were walking and they heard a gunshot. Don’t know where the shot came from. The girl was just walking and got shot.”
The incident happened at Blake Court, in Malvern Road, at around 9pm on Friday evening.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said officers were called to Malvern Road to reports of a woman shot.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Police attended and found a woman, believed to be in her 20s suffering from gunshot injuries.”
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.30pm.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 4 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 5 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 6 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 7 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 8 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 9 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
Police are working to establish her identity and inform next of kin.
There have been no arrests.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call HMCC via 101 or contact the Met via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.