Murder investigation after girl shot dead in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A girl in her 20s has been shot dead in Kilburn.
Residents reported hearing a gunshot and then say they saw the girl fall down.
One witness, who recorded a video of police trying to revive the girl at the scene, said: “The girl got shot. All her friends are here crying. They were walking and they heard a gunshot. Don’t know where the shot came from. The girl was just walking and got shot.”
The incident happened at Blake Court, in Malvern Road, at around 9pm on Friday evening.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said officers were called to Malvern Road to reports of a woman shot.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Police attended and found a woman, believed to be in her 20s suffering from gunshot injuries.”
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.30pm.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 4 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 9 Wembley Park's Summer on Screen festival kicks off with Gurinder Chadha Q&A
- 10 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
Police are working to establish her identity and inform next of kin.
There have been no arrests.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) are leading the investigation.
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call HMCC via 101 or contact the Met via Twitter @MetCC.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.