Murder hunt launched after body found in suitcase in Little Venice
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a body was discovered inside a suitcase recovered from a canal in Little Venice.
The gruesome find was made after officers were called to the Grand Union Canal near Delamere Terrace, at 2.30pm yesterday.
The Metropolitan Police Marine Policing Unit and London Fire Brigade helped recover the suitcase.
The victim has yet to be identified.
A spokesman for the Met said: “The death is being treated as suspicious and detectives from Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating. We are working to discover the identity of the deceased.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 3 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 4 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 5 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 6 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid