Murder hunt launched after body found in suitcase in Little Venice
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a body was discovered inside a suitcase recovered from a canal in Little Venice.
The gruesome find was made after officers were called to the Grand Union Canal near Delamere Terrace, at 2.30pm yesterday.
The Metropolitan Police Marine Policing Unit and London Fire Brigade helped recover the suitcase.
The victim has yet to be identified.
A spokesman for the Met said: “The death is being treated as suspicious and detectives from Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating. We are working to discover the identity of the deceased.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 7 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 8 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 9 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 10 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings