Murder hunt launched after body found in suitcase in Little Venice
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a body was discovered inside a suitcase recovered from a canal in Little Venice.
The gruesome find was made after officers were called to the Grand Union Canal near Delamere Terrace, at 2.30pm yesterday.
The Metropolitan Police Marine Policing Unit and London Fire Brigade helped recover the suitcase.
The victim has yet to be identified.
A spokesman for the Met said: “The death is being treated as suspicious and detectives from Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating. We are working to discover the identity of the deceased.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds