Murder hunt launched after body found in suitcase in Little Venice
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a body was discovered inside a suitcase recovered from a canal in Little Venice.
The gruesome find was made after officers were called to the Grand Union Canal near Delamere Terrace, at 2.30pm yesterday.
The Metropolitan Police Marine Policing Unit and London Fire Brigade helped recover the suitcase.
The victim has yet to be identified.
A spokesman for the Met said: “The death is being treated as suspicious and detectives from Homicide and Major Crime Command are investigating. We are working to discover the identity of the deceased.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to be held and no arrests have been made.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London