Murder charge following fatal stabbing of Neasden man
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of a 48-year-old Neasden man found bleeding as he boarded a bus.
John Doherty, 38, has been charged with the murder of 48-year-old Archie Sheppard who boarded a 189 bus at Brent Cross in the early hours of Friday morning.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service around midnight on April 27 to the bus which had reached Gloucester Place near the junction with Dorset Squarein Marylebone.
Medics battled to save Mr Sheppard’s life but he was declared dead at the scene.
Doherty, of Fulham, was charged with murder and two counts of an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court yesterday.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED