Murder charge following fatal stabbing of Neasden man
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with the murder of a 48-year-old Neasden man found bleeding as he boarded a bus.
John Doherty, 38, has been charged with the murder of 48-year-old Archie Sheppard who boarded a 189 bus at Brent Cross in the early hours of Friday morning.
Police were called by London Ambulance Service around midnight on April 27 to the bus which had reached Gloucester Place near the junction with Dorset Squarein Marylebone.
Medics battled to save Mr Sheppard’s life but he was declared dead at the scene.
Doherty, of Fulham, was charged with murder and two counts of an offensive weapon.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Westminster Magistrates Court yesterday.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Inspirational Riz and child exploitation
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids