Murder charge dropped against woman accused of Queen’s Park killing
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A murder charge against a woman accused of murdering her boyfriend in Queen’s Park has been dropped after tests showed he probably stabbed himself to death.
Christie Madley, 24, from Poplar, east London, was accused of knifing Daniel Mantina repeatedly at his home on the Harrow Road, last November.
Police found the 27-year-old Italian national dead in bed with several stab wounds after being called to the property.
Ms Madley was charged with his murder and appeared in court in November.
Last week she appeared on bail at Kingston Crown Court, where the charge was discontinued after it was revealed that a post mortem concluded Mr Mantina’s stab wounds were likely to have been self-inflicted.
An inquest into the death Mr Mantina’s death will open in due course.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting