Murder charge dropped against woman accused of Queen’s Park killing
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A murder charge against a woman accused of murdering her boyfriend in Queen’s Park has been dropped after tests showed he probably stabbed himself to death.
Christie Madley, 24, from Poplar, east London, was accused of knifing Daniel Mantina repeatedly at his home on the Harrow Road, last November.
Police found the 27-year-old Italian national dead in bed with several stab wounds after being called to the property.
Ms Madley was charged with his murder and appeared in court in November.
Last week she appeared on bail at Kingston Crown Court, where the charge was discontinued after it was revealed that a post mortem concluded Mr Mantina’s stab wounds were likely to have been self-inflicted.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into the death Mr Mantina’s death will open in due course.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 10 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park