Murder charge dropped against woman accused of Queen’s Park killing
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
A murder charge against a woman accused of murdering her boyfriend in Queen’s Park has been dropped after tests showed he probably stabbed himself to death.
Christie Madley, 24, from Poplar, east London, was accused of knifing Daniel Mantina repeatedly at his home on the Harrow Road, last November.
Police found the 27-year-old Italian national dead in bed with several stab wounds after being called to the property.
Ms Madley was charged with his murder and appeared in court in November.
Last week she appeared on bail at Kingston Crown Court, where the charge was discontinued after it was revealed that a post mortem concluded Mr Mantina’s stab wounds were likely to have been self-inflicted.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest into the death Mr Mantina’s death will open in due course.
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 6 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
- 10 Wembley teenager charged with murdering Ahmed Baker