MP and police to hold drop-in session on Camden moped crime
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Tulip Siddiq MP and police representatives are holding a drop-in session tonight (Thursday) about moped crime in Camden.
The event will provide a chance for residents in Camden and Brent to talk about their concerns with the crime in the area.
The police will be on hand to update people on the work they’re doing.
The event is set to take place at the Swiss Cottage Community Centre on Winchester Road between 5pm and 7pm, today.
Residents can drop by at any time.
You may also want to watch:
Siddiq, who represents Hampstead and Kilburn said: “Moped-related crime is a huge concern for residents across Hampstead and Kilburn and I am determined to ensure that local voices are heard at the highest level, whether that is by the Home Office or the Metropolitan Police.
“With a seven-fold increase in incidents since 2015, I hold no illusions over the scale of the challenge facing the Police. However, I always believe that more can be done to reassure those who are very worried about the increasing frequency of this form of crime in the area,” she said.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield