MP and police to hold drop-in session on Camden moped crime
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Tulip Siddiq MP and police representatives are holding a drop-in session tonight (Thursday) about moped crime in Camden.
The event will provide a chance for residents in Camden and Brent to talk about their concerns with the crime in the area.
The police will be on hand to update people on the work they’re doing.
The event is set to take place at the Swiss Cottage Community Centre on Winchester Road between 5pm and 7pm, today.
Residents can drop by at any time.
You may also want to watch:
Siddiq, who represents Hampstead and Kilburn said: “Moped-related crime is a huge concern for residents across Hampstead and Kilburn and I am determined to ensure that local voices are heard at the highest level, whether that is by the Home Office or the Metropolitan Police.
“With a seven-fold increase in incidents since 2015, I hold no illusions over the scale of the challenge facing the Police. However, I always believe that more can be done to reassure those who are very worried about the increasing frequency of this form of crime in the area,” she said.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 9 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
- 10 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12