Motorist caught with ‘large spliff in his mouth’ in Kilburn by cops in unmarked car
- Credit: Archant
Eagle-eyed police officers in an unmarked car in Kilburn spotted a motorist with a “rather large spliff in his mouth” who has now been arrested.
A 38-year-old man is to appear in court charged with drug possession after being caught by officers and is being investigated for drug driving.
Two duty officers had stopped at the lights on Kilburn High Road at the junction with Brondesbury Road waiting for the light to turn green on Wednesday.
PC Chris Lewis told this paper: "Suddenly, a 38-year-old man drove up into the left hand lane with a rather large cannabis spliff in his mouth.
"We managed to jump out and detain him and his passenger under s23 of the Misuse of Drugs Act and, due to the fact he was driving whilst smoking cannabis, requested a roadside drugs test from the Met's roads and transport policing command, who attended the scene."
You may also want to watch:
"The roadside test indicated that the driver had cannabis in his system above the prescribed limit therefore he was arrested.
"We will await the test results of a sample taken by a trained health practitioner from the suspect before coming to a charging decision for the drug drive matter.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 4 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
"However his cannabis was recovered at the scene therefore he has been charged with possession of cannabis to appear at court at a later date."