Mill Hill driver jailed for death crash which killed Kingsbury teenager
Zeeshan Tahir died after Dharsen Panchali crashed his speeding Volkswagen Golf in Colindale
A teenage driver who killed his passenger after crashing his car while speeding has been sent to jail.
Dharsen Panchali, 19, from Mill Hill, was doing 68mph in a 30mph zone in Colindeep Lane, Colindale, when he smashed his Volkswagen Golf into a Renault Megane, in March last year.
Zeeshan Tahir, 18, of Springfield Mount, Kingsbury, died at the scene.
Panchali, a student, was convicted of causing the death of Mr Tahir by dangerous driving at his trial in April.
You may also want to watch:
Today (Friday), he was sentenced to five years in jail and disqualified from driving for six years at Wood Green Crown Court.
Detective Sergeant Pidgeon, of the MPS Road Death Investigation Unit, said: “No sentence for this appalling driving that resulted in the death of an extremely popular young man will ever lessen the grief of Zeeshan’s family.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 7 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 8 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
“I just hope that the outcome of the hugely excessive speed involved - 60 to 65mph in a 30mph limit at the point Panchali lost control - will serve as a warning to others and prevent another tragic and easily avoidable loss of life.”