Mill Hill driver jailed for death crash which killed Kingsbury teenager
Zeeshan Tahir died after Dharsen Panchali crashed his speeding Volkswagen Golf in Colindale
A teenage driver who killed his passenger after crashing his car while speeding has been sent to jail.
Dharsen Panchali, 19, from Mill Hill, was doing 68mph in a 30mph zone in Colindeep Lane, Colindale, when he smashed his Volkswagen Golf into a Renault Megane, in March last year.
Zeeshan Tahir, 18, of Springfield Mount, Kingsbury, died at the scene.
Panchali, a student, was convicted of causing the death of Mr Tahir by dangerous driving at his trial in April.
You may also want to watch:
Today (Friday), he was sentenced to five years in jail and disqualified from driving for six years at Wood Green Crown Court.
Detective Sergeant Pidgeon, of the MPS Road Death Investigation Unit, said: “No sentence for this appalling driving that resulted in the death of an extremely popular young man will ever lessen the grief of Zeeshan’s family.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
“I just hope that the outcome of the hugely excessive speed involved - 60 to 65mph in a 30mph limit at the point Panchali lost control - will serve as a warning to others and prevent another tragic and easily avoidable loss of life.”