Harlesden hit-and-run victim named as Michael Stapleton
- Credit: Met Police
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 62-year-old man was killed in a hit-and-run in Harlesden.
Emergency services were called to reports of a lorry in collision with a cyclist on the High Street at the junction with Furness Road just after 4.05pm on Tuesday (March 16).
Despite the efforts of paramedics, Michael Stapleton, who lived in NW2, was pronounced dead at the the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
Officers say they have since made contact with the driver who failed to stop.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with any dashcam or CCTV footage, or who witnessed the collision should contact police via 101 quoting reference Cad 4977/16Mar or the Serious Collision Investigation Unit witness line at Alperton on 020 8246 9820.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 3 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 10 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden