Harlesden hit-and-run victim named as Michael Stapleton
- Credit: Met Police
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 62-year-old man was killed in a hit-and-run in Harlesden.
Emergency services were called to reports of a lorry in collision with a cyclist on the High Street at the junction with Furness Road just after 4.05pm on Tuesday (March 16).
Despite the efforts of paramedics, Michael Stapleton, who lived in NW2, was pronounced dead at the the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
Officers say they have since made contact with the driver who failed to stop.
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made.
Anyone with any dashcam or CCTV footage, or who witnessed the collision should contact police via 101 quoting reference Cad 4977/16Mar or the Serious Collision Investigation Unit witness line at Alperton on 020 8246 9820.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 9 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 10 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17