Two men arrested following ‘eight-hour’ stand-off with police from a Kilburn roof
- Credit: Archant
Two men who climbed onto a Kilburn roof have been arrested following a dramatic “eight-hour” stand-off with police.
Firearms officers and helicopter crews were scrambled to Mazenod Avenue at around 5.11pm on Tuesday.
Two men were seen “tampering with a motorcycle”, Scotland Yard said.
When confronted by police they climbed up to the roof of a building in Kingsgate Road.
A member of the public had reported seeing one of the men with a gun.
You may also want to watch:
@LifeInKilburn tweeted: “Police incident in Kingsgate Road, corner of Smyrna Road. Apparently attempted burglary gone wrong. This is the reason for helicopter hovering over Kilburn. Area closed as there may be armed people still around. Be careful!”
They said the “incident lasted for about eight hours”.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 10 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
A police spokesperson said: “Two males have been arrested and charged with criminal damage, public nuisance and affray.
“No firearm has been recovered.”