Two men arrested following ‘eight-hour’ stand-off with police from a Kilburn roof
- Credit: Archant
Two men who climbed onto a Kilburn roof have been arrested following a dramatic “eight-hour” stand-off with police.
Firearms officers and helicopter crews were scrambled to Mazenod Avenue at around 5.11pm on Tuesday.
Two men were seen “tampering with a motorcycle”, Scotland Yard said.
When confronted by police they climbed up to the roof of a building in Kingsgate Road.
A member of the public had reported seeing one of the men with a gun.
@LifeInKilburn tweeted: “Police incident in Kingsgate Road, corner of Smyrna Road. Apparently attempted burglary gone wrong. This is the reason for helicopter hovering over Kilburn. Area closed as there may be armed people still around. Be careful!”
They said the “incident lasted for about eight hours”.
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 4 Brondesbury Park Synagogue gets licence for alcohol and music until midnight
- 5 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 8 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
A police spokesperson said: “Two males have been arrested and charged with criminal damage, public nuisance and affray.
“No firearm has been recovered.”