Two men arrested following ‘eight-hour’ stand-off with police from a Kilburn roof
- Credit: Archant
Two men who climbed onto a Kilburn roof have been arrested following a dramatic “eight-hour” stand-off with police.
Firearms officers and helicopter crews were scrambled to Mazenod Avenue at around 5.11pm on Tuesday.
Two men were seen “tampering with a motorcycle”, Scotland Yard said.
When confronted by police they climbed up to the roof of a building in Kingsgate Road.
A member of the public had reported seeing one of the men with a gun.
You may also want to watch:
@LifeInKilburn tweeted: “Police incident in Kingsgate Road, corner of Smyrna Road. Apparently attempted burglary gone wrong. This is the reason for helicopter hovering over Kilburn. Area closed as there may be armed people still around. Be careful!”
They said the “incident lasted for about eight hours”.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 9 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 10 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
A police spokesperson said: “Two males have been arrested and charged with criminal damage, public nuisance and affray.
“No firearm has been recovered.”