Two men arrested following ‘eight-hour’ stand-off with police from a Kilburn roof
- Credit: Archant
Two men who climbed onto a Kilburn roof have been arrested following a dramatic “eight-hour” stand-off with police.
Firearms officers and helicopter crews were scrambled to Mazenod Avenue at around 5.11pm on Tuesday.
Two men were seen “tampering with a motorcycle”, Scotland Yard said.
When confronted by police they climbed up to the roof of a building in Kingsgate Road.
A member of the public had reported seeing one of the men with a gun.
You may also want to watch:
@LifeInKilburn tweeted: “Police incident in Kingsgate Road, corner of Smyrna Road. Apparently attempted burglary gone wrong. This is the reason for helicopter hovering over Kilburn. Area closed as there may be armed people still around. Be careful!”
They said the “incident lasted for about eight hours”.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 7 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
A police spokesperson said: “Two males have been arrested and charged with criminal damage, public nuisance and affray.
“No firearm has been recovered.”