Men bailed after Brent Police raid jewellers in Wembley
Officers seized gold and drugs during operation targeting traders selling stolen jewellery
Two men have been bailed after they were arrested when police raided shops in Wembley suspected of selling stolen jewellery.
Detectives stormed the jewellers in Ealing Road and Wembley High Road where they seized gold and drugs.
A separate address in Aspen Drive, Wembley, was also raided.
Det Insp Lily Benbow said: “I have led this operation to break the link between the burglar and the handler, specifically in relation to stolen Indian jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
“I will do this for the honest people of Brent and ensure that criminals will not prosper.”
A 50-year-old man was held on suspicion of handling stolen goods and a 25-year-old man was arrested for possession of Class B and C drugs.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
Both have been bailed to return to a police station next month.