Men bailed after Brent Police raid jewellers in Wembley
Officers seized gold and drugs during operation targeting traders selling stolen jewellery
Two men have been bailed after they were arrested when police raided shops in Wembley suspected of selling stolen jewellery.
Detectives stormed the jewellers in Ealing Road and Wembley High Road where they seized gold and drugs.
A separate address in Aspen Drive, Wembley, was also raided.
Det Insp Lily Benbow said: “I have led this operation to break the link between the burglar and the handler, specifically in relation to stolen Indian jewellery.
“I will do this for the honest people of Brent and ensure that criminals will not prosper.”
A 50-year-old man was held on suspicion of handling stolen goods and a 25-year-old man was arrested for possession of Class B and C drugs.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 8 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
Both have been bailed to return to a police station next month.