Men bailed after Brent Police raid jewellers in Wembley
Officers seized gold and drugs during operation targeting traders selling stolen jewellery
Two men have been bailed after they were arrested when police raided shops in Wembley suspected of selling stolen jewellery.
Detectives stormed the jewellers in Ealing Road and Wembley High Road where they seized gold and drugs.
A separate address in Aspen Drive, Wembley, was also raided.
Det Insp Lily Benbow said: “I have led this operation to break the link between the burglar and the handler, specifically in relation to stolen Indian jewellery.
You may also want to watch:
“I will do this for the honest people of Brent and ensure that criminals will not prosper.”
A 50-year-old man was held on suspicion of handling stolen goods and a 25-year-old man was arrested for possession of Class B and C drugs.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 7 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
Both have been bailed to return to a police station next month.