Marylebone murder: Victim named as 18-year-old from Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenager stabbed to death in Marylebone has been named as an 18-year-old from Queen’s Park.
Bilal Mirza died after he was knifed in the thigh in Salisbury Street on Thursday at around 10.40pm.
Detectives are appealing for witnesses or anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Noel McHugh, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “My condolences are with Bilal’s family at this tragic time, and our investigation continues to evidence exactly what took place and led to his death.
“I know that there were several youths in the area at the time of the stabbing and I am appealing directly to them to come forward and speak with officers. They can be assured that any call they make.”
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with Mr Mirza’s murder and possession of an offensive weapon.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 7 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
He appeared at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Saturday and was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey tomorrow.