Marylebone brothel madam trafficked Thai ladyboys into the UK and forced them into sexual slavery
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
A Thai brothel madam from Paddington has been convicted of trafficked young women and ‘ladyboys’ into the UK from her homeland and forcing them into sexual slavery.
Nattarn Budcha, 35, of Porter Street, and fixers Hammal Amiri, 27, of no fixed address, and Rashid Ahmed, 68, from Crouch End, coaxed the women to the UK with the promise of jobs and better wages.
Southwark Crown Court heard Budcha ran escort agency Asian Exclusive that advertised the ‘high class’ prostitutes online and collected their earnings while Amiri helped run the website.
Ahmed took regular trips to Thailand to find new sex workers.
On Monday all three were convicted of conspiring to control prostitution for gain.
Ahmed and Amiri were further found guilty of two charges each of conspiring to traffic people within the UK.
Budcha was cleared of one count of conspiring to traffic people within the UK with jurors unable to reach a verdict on a second count of the same charge.
- 1 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 2 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 3 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 4 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 8 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 9 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 10 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
The CPS are yet to make a decision whether to proceed to retrial with the outstanding count.
Some victims were aware they would be working as prostitutes, but others were told they would be working as masseuses and cleaners.
However, none were told they would be locked into an enormous debt bond totalling £32,000 to their traffickers.
Upon their arrival, the victims were taken to a professional photographer to have pictures taken for their profile on the gang’s website.
The profile would include a list of ‘services’ the girls would perform, despite the fact few spoke any English and could not agree to what was written about her.
Budcha – known as Irene to the girls – would charge clients extra for more extreme sex acts.
They will be sentenced on a date to be fixed.