Man with links to Park Royal gym wanted in connection with £1.2m cocaine smuggling plot
- Credit: Archant
A martial arts fan with links to a gym in Park Royal is being sought in connection with a £1.2milllion cocaine smuggling plot.
National Crime Agency (NCA) investigators are appealing for information regarding the whereabouts of Jason Steven Waterman, 31, following the discovery of seven kilos of the class A drug in North Yorkshire.
The drugs, which have a street value of approximately £1.2m, were found inside a suitcase shortly after the arrival of a light aircraft at Bagby Airfield in October last year.
Waterman, who is also a boxing fan, is thought to have been a member of the London Shootfighters MMA club in Western Avenue, Park Royal, and previously visited the Gymbox Westfield gym in Shepherd’s Bush.
He is also known by the nickname of “Jugs” or “Jumbo”.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Maloney, from the NCA’s border policing command, said: “It is important that we speak to Jason Waterman as part of our investigation.
“His appearance is quite distinctive and I would ask anyone who may have seen him or knows anything about his whereabouts to come forward.”
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
The pilot of the plane has been charged and will stand trial in February next year.
Anyone with information about Waterman’s whereabouts should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.