Man with links to Park Royal gym wanted in connection with £1.2m cocaine smuggling plot
- Credit: Archant
A martial arts fan with links to a gym in Park Royal is being sought in connection with a £1.2milllion cocaine smuggling plot.
National Crime Agency (NCA) investigators are appealing for information regarding the whereabouts of Jason Steven Waterman, 31, following the discovery of seven kilos of the class A drug in North Yorkshire.
The drugs, which have a street value of approximately £1.2m, were found inside a suitcase shortly after the arrival of a light aircraft at Bagby Airfield in October last year.
Waterman, who is also a boxing fan, is thought to have been a member of the London Shootfighters MMA club in Western Avenue, Park Royal, and previously visited the Gymbox Westfield gym in Shepherd’s Bush.
He is also known by the nickname of “Jugs” or “Jumbo”.
Mick Maloney, from the NCA’s border policing command, said: “It is important that we speak to Jason Waterman as part of our investigation.
“His appearance is quite distinctive and I would ask anyone who may have seen him or knows anything about his whereabouts to come forward.”
- 1 Plan for creating 25,500 homes around 'HS2 Superhub' passed
- 2 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 3 Wembley school opens new special educational needs facility
- 4 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 5 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
- 6 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 7 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 8 Series of failures sees Met Police placed under special measures
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
The pilot of the plane has been charged and will stand trial in February next year.
Anyone with information about Waterman’s whereabouts should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.