Man with links to Park Royal gym wanted in connection with £1.2m cocaine smuggling plot
- Credit: Archant
A martial arts fan with links to a gym in Park Royal is being sought in connection with a £1.2milllion cocaine smuggling plot.
National Crime Agency (NCA) investigators are appealing for information regarding the whereabouts of Jason Steven Waterman, 31, following the discovery of seven kilos of the class A drug in North Yorkshire.
The drugs, which have a street value of approximately £1.2m, were found inside a suitcase shortly after the arrival of a light aircraft at Bagby Airfield in October last year.
Waterman, who is also a boxing fan, is thought to have been a member of the London Shootfighters MMA club in Western Avenue, Park Royal, and previously visited the Gymbox Westfield gym in Shepherd’s Bush.
He is also known by the nickname of “Jugs” or “Jumbo”.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Maloney, from the NCA’s border policing command, said: “It is important that we speak to Jason Waterman as part of our investigation.
“His appearance is quite distinctive and I would ask anyone who may have seen him or knows anything about his whereabouts to come forward.”
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 3 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 4 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 7 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
The pilot of the plane has been charged and will stand trial in February next year.
Anyone with information about Waterman’s whereabouts should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.