Man who murdered Cricklewood mother he met online will be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
A man will be sentenced today for the murder of a mother-of-one from Cricklewood who he met on a dating website.
Miles Donnelly, 35, stabbed and strangled Usha Patel, 44, in her home in Melrose Avenue, after she invited him over to her house on October 7 last year.
Ms Patel, a lone parent to a five-year-old son, was also beaten across the face during the attack.
Her body was found the following morning by a relative.
Detectives investigating the murder found Donnelly’s set of house keys inside the flat and forensic evidence including samples from a wine glass was also matched to him.
You may also want to watch:
Donnelly dramatically changed his plea on Monday and admitted her murder on the first day of his trial at the Old Bailey.
He also admitted hitting a 43-year-old woman over the head with a stool when she turned down his sexual advances the day after he murdered Ms Patel.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 5 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 8 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
After he killed Ms Patel he visited the woman’s home, who lived on the same street as him, and laid low for 36 hours before attacking her when she turned him down.
He gave himself up on October 11 but has never revealed why he killed Ms Patel.