Man who murdered Cricklewood mother he met online will be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
A man will be sentenced today for the murder of a mother-of-one from Cricklewood who he met on a dating website.
Miles Donnelly, 35, stabbed and strangled Usha Patel, 44, in her home in Melrose Avenue, after she invited him over to her house on October 7 last year.
Ms Patel, a lone parent to a five-year-old son, was also beaten across the face during the attack.
Her body was found the following morning by a relative.
Detectives investigating the murder found Donnelly’s set of house keys inside the flat and forensic evidence including samples from a wine glass was also matched to him.
You may also want to watch:
Donnelly dramatically changed his plea on Monday and admitted her murder on the first day of his trial at the Old Bailey.
He also admitted hitting a 43-year-old woman over the head with a stool when she turned down his sexual advances the day after he murdered Ms Patel.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 7 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
After he killed Ms Patel he visited the woman’s home, who lived on the same street as him, and laid low for 36 hours before attacking her when she turned him down.
He gave himself up on October 11 but has never revealed why he killed Ms Patel.