Man who murdered Cricklewood mother he met online will be sentenced today
- Credit: Archant
A man will be sentenced today for the murder of a mother-of-one from Cricklewood who he met on a dating website.
Miles Donnelly, 35, stabbed and strangled Usha Patel, 44, in her home in Melrose Avenue, after she invited him over to her house on October 7 last year.
Ms Patel, a lone parent to a five-year-old son, was also beaten across the face during the attack.
Her body was found the following morning by a relative.
Detectives investigating the murder found Donnelly’s set of house keys inside the flat and forensic evidence including samples from a wine glass was also matched to him.
You may also want to watch:
Donnelly dramatically changed his plea on Monday and admitted her murder on the first day of his trial at the Old Bailey.
He also admitted hitting a 43-year-old woman over the head with a stool when she turned down his sexual advances the day after he murdered Ms Patel.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
After he killed Ms Patel he visited the woman’s home, who lived on the same street as him, and laid low for 36 hours before attacking her when she turned him down.
He gave himself up on October 11 but has never revealed why he killed Ms Patel.