Man wanted in connection with student hall arson attack in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they wish to speak to in connection with an arson attack on student halls in Cricklewood.
Emergency services were called to a blaze at the Ivy Hall student halls of residence in Cricklewood Lane at 6.30am on August 9.
The fire was started when a dark coloured coat was set alight at the base of an air vent at the student accommodation, police said.
There were no injuries, but minor damage was caused to the building, which is part of Middlesex University.
One CCTV still shows the man, wearing a dark coloured coat, on Cricklewood Lane minutes before the fire started.
You may also want to watch:
The second CCTV still shows the same man, without the coat, watching the fire burn, police said.
The suspect is a white man of slim build, aged in his mid 20s with short brown hair.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
Officers said he appears to have a deformity to his right arm, and may be missing one or more of the fingers of his left hand.
Anyone who knows the identity of the man shown should call Barnet CID via 101.
Calls can be made anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.