Man wanted in connection with student hall arson attack in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they wish to speak to in connection with an arson attack on student halls in Cricklewood.
Emergency services were called to a blaze at the Ivy Hall student halls of residence in Cricklewood Lane at 6.30am on August 9.
The fire was started when a dark coloured coat was set alight at the base of an air vent at the student accommodation, police said.
There were no injuries, but minor damage was caused to the building, which is part of Middlesex University.
One CCTV still shows the man, wearing a dark coloured coat, on Cricklewood Lane minutes before the fire started.
You may also want to watch:
The second CCTV still shows the same man, without the coat, watching the fire burn, police said.
The suspect is a white man of slim build, aged in his mid 20s with short brown hair.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 8 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 9 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
Officers said he appears to have a deformity to his right arm, and may be missing one or more of the fingers of his left hand.
Anyone who knows the identity of the man shown should call Barnet CID via 101.
Calls can be made anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.