Man wanted in connection with student hall arson attack in Cricklewood
- Credit: Archant
Police have released CCTV images of a man they wish to speak to in connection with an arson attack on student halls in Cricklewood.
Emergency services were called to a blaze at the Ivy Hall student halls of residence in Cricklewood Lane at 6.30am on August 9.
The fire was started when a dark coloured coat was set alight at the base of an air vent at the student accommodation, police said.
There were no injuries, but minor damage was caused to the building, which is part of Middlesex University.
One CCTV still shows the man, wearing a dark coloured coat, on Cricklewood Lane minutes before the fire started.
You may also want to watch:
The second CCTV still shows the same man, without the coat, watching the fire burn, police said.
The suspect is a white man of slim build, aged in his mid 20s with short brown hair.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
Officers said he appears to have a deformity to his right arm, and may be missing one or more of the fingers of his left hand.
Anyone who knows the identity of the man shown should call Barnet CID via 101.
Calls can be made anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.