Man stabbed five times near Wembley Arena after Jamaican dancehall concert
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed multiple times near Wembley Arena last night, after a gig by Jamaican dancehall artist Popcaan.
The 24-year-old was stabbed three times in the chest, and twice in the buttocks.
Police were called at 11.46pm to Arena Square to reports of a man being injured. He was taken to a north London hospital, where his condition is not life threatening.
Less than ten minutes later, a 31-year-man was arrested by police after a gun and ammunition was found.
He was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. He was taken to a north London police station, where he is still in custody.
You may also want to watch:
There were no reported injuries from the firearm.
A crime scene is in place and officers from North West Area Command Unit remain. Enquiries continue.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 8 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
Anyone who witnessed this incident but has not yet come forward is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD8801 of December 6, Tweet @MetCC or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Were you at the concert last night? Did you witness what happened? Contact the newsdesk by emailing email@example.com or calling 0207 433 0119.