Man stabbed five times near Wembley Arena after Jamaican dancehall concert
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed multiple times near Wembley Arena last night, after a gig by Jamaican dancehall artist Popcaan.
The 24-year-old was stabbed three times in the chest, and twice in the buttocks.
Police were called at 11.46pm to Arena Square to reports of a man being injured. He was taken to a north London hospital, where his condition is not life threatening.
Less than ten minutes later, a 31-year-man was arrested by police after a gun and ammunition was found.
He was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. He was taken to a north London police station, where he is still in custody.
You may also want to watch:
There were no reported injuries from the firearm.
A crime scene is in place and officers from North West Area Command Unit remain. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 3 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 4 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 7 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 8 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 9 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 10 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
Anyone who witnessed this incident but has not yet come forward is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD8801 of December 6, Tweet @MetCC or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Were you at the concert last night? Did you witness what happened? Contact the newsdesk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0207 433 0119.