Man stabbed five times near Wembley Arena after Jamaican dancehall concert
- Credit: Archant
A man was stabbed multiple times near Wembley Arena last night, after a gig by Jamaican dancehall artist Popcaan.
The 24-year-old was stabbed three times in the chest, and twice in the buttocks.
Police were called at 11.46pm to Arena Square to reports of a man being injured. He was taken to a north London hospital, where his condition is not life threatening.
Less than ten minutes later, a 31-year-man was arrested by police after a gun and ammunition was found.
He was arrested on suspicion of possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life. He was taken to a north London police station, where he is still in custody.
You may also want to watch:
There were no reported injuries from the firearm.
A crime scene is in place and officers from North West Area Command Unit remain. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 6 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 7 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 10 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
Anyone who witnessed this incident but has not yet come forward is asked to call police on 101 quoting CAD8801 of December 6, Tweet @MetCC or call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Were you at the concert last night? Did you witness what happened? Contact the newsdesk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0207 433 0119.