Man shot in the Mozart Estate was the victim of a drive-by shooting
Detectives appeal for witnesses to come forward
A man shot twice in the Mozart Estate yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) was the victim of a drive-by shooting.
The 21-year-old victim was with a group of people when he was shot in the chest and abdomen as he stood at the junction of Third Avenue and Bruckner Street, Queen’s Park, at around 3.50pm.
He was taken to hospital in a critical condition where he has since improved and is now stable.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gun crime, are probing the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing for the group of up to 10 men who were with the victim and for anyone with information to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Mick Foote said: “I would urge anyone who saw the shooting or may have information about those involved, to come forward.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 7 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 10 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
“I am particularly keen to trace a group of young men who we believe may have been close to the scene at the time.”
In September, the estate was rocked when three young women, including a teenage mother cradling her baby, were injured after a gunman shot into a crowd.
The 18-year-old was holding her 11-month-old son in John Fearon Walk when she was hit in the neck by pellets from the bullet.
A 17-year-old girl and a 19-year-old woman were also injured.
A 22-year-old man was arrested in connection with the incident and has since been bailed pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information about either shootings can call the investigation team on 020 8733 4774 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.