Man shot dead outside pub in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A man has been shot dead in Sudbury this morning in the second murder in the borough in four days.
The victim, who is in his early 20s, was gunned down outside the Sudbury Swan pub in Harrow Road, just after midnight.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have cordoned off a section of the area while they conduct forensic tests.
Locals have told the Times the victim is a black man in his 20s who lives in the area but they refused to reveal his name.
On Monday evening mechanic Granville Thomas was stabbed to death near his repair garage in Ranelagh Road, Harlesden.
Dwayne King has been charged with the murder of the 55-year-old married father.
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 3 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 4 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 5 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 6 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 7 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 8 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
Anyone with information about either killings can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Do you know who the shooting victim is? Call the news desk on 020 7433 0133 or email email@example.com.