Man shot dead on the Church Road Estate in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is underway after a man was shot dead on the Church Road Estate in Harlesden last night.
The victim, who has been named locally as 22-year-old James Owusu, was gunned down outside his mother’s home in Tynsdale Road at around 10.45pm.
No arrests have been made.
Cllr Zaffar Van Kawala, who represents the Stonebridge ward, told the Times: “Firstly, my thoughts and prayers are with the Owusu family during this very difficult time.
“The recent rise in shootings across Brent is deeply concerning. We are seeing the tragic loss of young lives across the borough which is having a devastating impact on our community. We all need to work together to make our streets safer.
You may also want to watch:
“We must provide our young people with proper youth facilities and opportunities to stop even more young people getting involved with guns and gang crime.”
The shooting took place just yards away from where Oliver Tetlow was gunned down on March 9 this year.
The 27-year-old died after a gunman opened fire on Church Road.
On September 9 this year a car parking in Hawkins Road, which is also on the Church Road Estate, was fired at several times. No one was injured.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 10 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
Anyone who witnessed the yesterday’s shooting or has any information should call police on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.