Man shot dead on the Church Road Estate in Harlesden
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation is underway after a man was shot dead on the Church Road Estate in Harlesden last night.
The victim, who has been named locally as 22-year-old James Owusu, was gunned down outside his mother’s home in Tynsdale Road at around 10.45pm.
No arrests have been made.
Cllr Zaffar Van Kawala, who represents the Stonebridge ward, told the Times: “Firstly, my thoughts and prayers are with the Owusu family during this very difficult time.
“The recent rise in shootings across Brent is deeply concerning. We are seeing the tragic loss of young lives across the borough which is having a devastating impact on our community. We all need to work together to make our streets safer.
“We must provide our young people with proper youth facilities and opportunities to stop even more young people getting involved with guns and gang crime.”
The shooting took place just yards away from where Oliver Tetlow was gunned down on March 9 this year.
The 27-year-old died after a gunman opened fire on Church Road.
On September 9 this year a car parking in Hawkins Road, which is also on the Church Road Estate, was fired at several times. No one was injured.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 4 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 5 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 6 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 7 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 8 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
Anyone who witnessed the yesterday’s shooting or has any information should call police on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.