Man shot dead in West Ealing is believed to be Kensal Green gang member
Victim, 32, dies at the scene and 28-year-old woman left fighting for her life
A man gunned down in a double shooting in West Ealing is believed to be a former member of a notorious Kensal Green gang.
The 32-year-old Jamaican was shot dead and a 28-year-old woman, who is believed to be his partner, was left fighting for her life after a gunman struck at an address at 2.50pm.
The victim who is known as ‘Sonny’ or ‘Don’ is thought to have been a member of the ‘Mus Love Crew’ from Kensal Green.
The gang disbanded after six members were jailed for a murder which took place in 2004.
You may also want to watch:
Tafari Dacas, Lloywen Carty, Conroy Smith, Leon Roberts, Shane Taylor, and Jermaine Labastide, gunned down Lee Subaran at a post Notting Hill Carnival party in Hazel Road, Kensal Green.
They were all jailed for life in 2006.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 7 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
Last year, Carty’s 16-year-old half-brother Santre Sanchez Gayle was jailed for murdering 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi in Hackney.
Gayle, who shot her dead when he was 15, is believed to be the country’s youngest ever contract killer.
Detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime in London, are investigating the double shooting.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.