Man shot dead in West Ealing is believed to be Kensal Green gang member
Victim, 32, dies at the scene and 28-year-old woman left fighting for her life
A man gunned down in a double shooting in West Ealing is believed to be a former member of a notorious Kensal Green gang.
The 32-year-old Jamaican was shot dead and a 28-year-old woman, who is believed to be his partner, was left fighting for her life after a gunman struck at an address at 2.50pm.
The victim who is known as ‘Sonny’ or ‘Don’ is thought to have been a member of the ‘Mus Love Crew’ from Kensal Green.
The gang disbanded after six members were jailed for a murder which took place in 2004.
Tafari Dacas, Lloywen Carty, Conroy Smith, Leon Roberts, Shane Taylor, and Jermaine Labastide, gunned down Lee Subaran at a post Notting Hill Carnival party in Hazel Road, Kensal Green.
They were all jailed for life in 2006.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Dramatic Dieng equaliser sums up 'crazy game' for QPR boss Beale
- 4 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 5 Goalkeeper Dieng nets late equaliser to save QPR at Sunderland
- 6 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 7 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 8 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 9 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
Last year, Carty’s 16-year-old half-brother Santre Sanchez Gayle was jailed for murdering 26-year-old Gulistan Subasi in Hackney.
Gayle, who shot her dead when he was 15, is believed to be the country’s youngest ever contract killer.
Detectives from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime in London, are investigating the double shooting.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.