Man remanded in custody charged with murdering Kilburn fashion designer
Achraf Jandara, 20, is accused of killing Shaun Akanbi
A man has appeared in court today for the second time this week accused of murdering a fashion designer from Kilburn.
The Old Bailey heard Achraf Jandara, 20, is charged with killing 26-year-old Shaun Akanbi.
The body of the 26-year-old was found in his flat in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road, on December 22.
He had been stabbed to death.
You may also want to watch:
Jandra, from Camberwell, south London, was remanded in custody for a plea and case management hearing on April 5.
Mr Akanbi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, founded urban designer house Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
- 1 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
Named after Mr Akanbi’s father Billy, the fashion house is described as Mayfair style fused with Camden street culture on its official website.
Fans and wearers of Billy Boyce clothing include Miss Dynamite, Ironik and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
A 19-year-old who was also arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed