Man remanded in custody charged with murdering Kilburn fashion designer
Achraf Jandara, 20, is accused of killing Shaun Akanbi
A man has appeared in court today for the second time this week accused of murdering a fashion designer from Kilburn.
The Old Bailey heard Achraf Jandara, 20, is charged with killing 26-year-old Shaun Akanbi.
The body of the 26-year-old was found in his flat in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road, on December 22.
He had been stabbed to death.
You may also want to watch:
Jandra, from Camberwell, south London, was remanded in custody for a plea and case management hearing on April 5.
Mr Akanbi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, founded urban designer house Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 4 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 5 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 10 Thousands of care home staff yet to be vaccinated in London
Named after Mr Akanbi’s father Billy, the fashion house is described as Mayfair style fused with Camden street culture on its official website.
Fans and wearers of Billy Boyce clothing include Miss Dynamite, Ironik and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
A 19-year-old who was also arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed