Man punched in the head and spat at during escalator row at Baker Street station
- Credit: Archant
A man was punched in the head and spat at after he accidentally bumped into a traveller at the top of escalators in Baker Street station.
The 63-year-old victim suffered a nose bleed and was left with his attacker’s saliva on his face following the attack on the Bakerloo line platform.
Police have today released a CCTV image of a man they would like to speak to in connection with the incident on May 8 at 7.45pm
Detective Constable Graeme Knox, investigating officer, said: “This was a nasty assault, with the victim suffering a nose bleed and the man’s saliva landing on his face. Everyone has the right to use the Underground without the fear of violence or intimidation of any kind and we are working hard to find the person responsible and bring them to justice through the courts.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting reference T/B8 of 27/07/2015.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 7 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named