Man jailed for storing deadly arsenal of guns and ammunition in Dollis Hill
- Credit: Archant
Ali Lamnouoir, 33, was arrested in Brent Cross
A man who kept a deadly arsenal of guns and ammunition at a storage unit in Dollis Hill has been jailed for 11 years today.
Ali Lamnouoir, 33, was snared after officers from the Met’s Operation Trident arrested him in Brent Cross following an intelligence-led operation in November last year.
Southwark Crown Court heard their investigations led them to the hired storage facility on the North Circular Road where they found a MG4A5 assault rifle, a Biakal handgun, a silencer, 298 rounds of ammunition for the assault rifle, three rounds of ammunition for the handgun, two clips for the assault rifle and one clip for the handgun.
Lamnouoir admitted two counts of possession of firearms with intent to endanger life, for two counts of possession of ammunition and years for one count of possession of a firearm (sound moderator/silencer) last month.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Andy Muir, from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that investigates gang and gun crime, said: “This operation has led to the removal of two lethal firearms and ammunition, weapons which would inevitably have been used to commit acts of serious violence on the streets of London.”
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 7 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up